Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

2000 point Deathwing list.

      Okay, so after reading some Horus Heresy books on DA fluff and sitting here painting these models I think I've gained a bit of an obsession with them. Hopefully it where off before my bank account has to suffer to terribly. As  I said in my last post there is a tournament for 40K at our tri-state gaming convention here called Mage-con spring. (the other one is in fall I believe) Since I always use my Imperial Fist and will be heavily playing them in the campaign I think this would be a good time to break out the DA. The convention is still 2 months off but I still have a lot to buy and paint in the mean time. But here is the list I plan to use.

HQ:
-Belial (Warlord)
-Interrogator Chaplain (Terminator armour, Lion's Road)
-Deathwing Command Squad (Champion, Apothecary, Standard of Retribution, Heavy Flamer)

Elites:-Deathwing Knights (5 knights)
-Dreadnought (Plasma cannon, Venerable, Drop pod)

Troops:
-Deathwing Terminator Squad (10 models,1 plasma cannon,1 assault cannon, 1 chain fist)
-Deathwing Terminator Squad (10 models,1 plasma cannon,1 assault cannon, 1 chain fist)

this gives me 32 terminators when including HQ and a dreadnought, All of which can deep strike. Debatabley this may not be as good as running a terminator Grey Knights list but I'm not the biggest fan of Grey Knights. Belial will be accompanied by his command squad and be the warlord, also unlocking the normal Deathwing as troops. The Interrogator Chaplain will use the Knights as his retinue and join them in close combat. I plan to keep the normal squads at the edge of the fight but not to far back while the elites and HQ's storm the enemy deployment zone, hence the Heavy Flamer on the command squad instead of plasma. The Chaplain will buff the assault abilities of the knights while being his own force to be reckoned with as well. The Dreadnoughts load-out might change depending on how I feel about it but it will take a few test games to see. The biggest problem I see is the Chaplain not having the Deathwing rule and having to possibly deep strike separately just to get the knights onto the table when needed.

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps you should just make 4 squads of 5 terminators? This way you would have more scoring units (since DW do not have combat squad). Are you set on a plasma cannon on the dreadnought? I feel a multi-melta may serve you better, as your little is a little lacking in true anti-tank firepower. And with the drop pod you should be able to put it within half range.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been going back and forth on weapons for the dreadnought. It's probably going to be the last thing I do for the list though. I agree with your point though, a melta would probably work better. I wish the DA could take ironclads.

      Delete