Pages

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Knight Titans

     Picked up a knight titan, every one else has one why shouldn't I. That was my logic anyway.  I saw the model in my game store and it was the last one so I decided to just break and get it. A little bit of buyers remorse but then I opened the box and man is it awesome. Lots of big pieces and tons of little tiny detaily bits. 


     Pics of the sprues. The set has 3 sprues in it and isn't the biggest kit ever. I would say if you were to judge the amount of plastic in the kit compared to say the LR they'd be about the same value. Now this kit is a lot more detailed and complex which does get it some justification towards higher price point but still not enough to justify the almost 70 dollar difference from GW. But that's just me. Still an awesome kit. .


The base is huge. That's all there is to be said about it.

     The transfers I can see GW has improved upon a lot and I can't wait to see the ones the new chaos kits are suppose to have. These ones form better to rounded surfaces and have a lot less of that clear blank space around each transfer sticker.


Base and legs size.

The base of the body. Here you can really see the complexity
of the frame.


Frame with no armour plates all assembled.
          Armour plates left off for painting. Gonna be a long process and I wish I had more colors of army painter primer. Having their metal base coat primer would be really awesome for spraying down the frame quick. But guess I'm going to have to suck it up and use a brush. Armour plates will all be red for Mechanicum based knight house. But more on that in a later post.....

No comments:

Post a Comment